Is it still possible to compile LibreOffice 24 for Linux 32-bit? (part 2)

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Wed Feb 14 17:16:43 UTC 2024

Hi,

Am 14.02.24 um 15:50 schrieb Escuelas Linux:
> Running 'make' alone fails because all warnings are treated as errors,
> so I added the following parameters
>

> make CFLAGS="-Wno-error" CXXFLAGS="-Wno-error -g1"

Again: --disable-werror.

No need to fiddle with CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS to add -Wno-error.

> However, it still stops with the following error:

(snip)

We use system-coin*. (As you did later too which disabled  this
third-party module). And yes, that one might  have include fixes etc.,
didn't check but pretty likely.

> (mdds)
>

> So I copied the newly created mdds folder to liborcus with
>

> cp -r mdds/
> /home/linux/Downloads/libreoffice-24.2.0.3/workdir/UnpackedTarball/liborcus/src/liborcus/

Interesting. I use system-mdds and system-orcus BUT for
bookworm-backports I do use internal ones (since it needs newer ones not
in stable) and this just works, too.

[...]

(coin again)

> And appeared a lot of errors that look like:
>

> -----
>
> rdf_model.c:1891:17: error: invalid use of incomplete typedef
> 'librdf_model' {aka 'struct librdf_model_s'}
>
> 1891 | return model->factory->transaction_get_handle(model);
>

> rdfinit.c:162:10: error: invalid use of incomplete typedef
> 'librdf_world' {aka 'struct librdf_world_s'}
>
> 162 | world->genid_base = 1;
>
> -----
>

> Now I installed librdf0-dev and its dependencies, and added the
> following lines to autogen.input:
>

> --with-system-redland

As you probably guessed we do that also ;)

And if there is build fixes (also for 32bit) those packages get it. As
upstream doesn't do 32bit builds anymore I am quite sure (and we see
this) that the internal modules might get  problems with that.

Regards,

Rene