questions regarding of-pie chart work

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Fri Jan 12 07:57:24 UTC 2024

Hi Kurt,

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 01:29:52AM +0000, Kurt Nordback <kurt.nordback at protonmail.com> wrote:
> - I've implemented OOXML import/export, but not ODF import/export because ODF doesn't support of-pie charts. The spec [19.15] does say: "Additional chart types may be supported by using a different namespace." But I'm not sure what that really means. Are there examples of this already?

There are standard namespace aliases in ODF, like text: or style:. You
can use loext: as a namespace that is intentionally not in the official
spec but is an LO extension.

See here for more info:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ODF_Implementer_Notes

> - I made various UI choices that may not be best. For instance, I added pie-of-pie and bar-of-pie as subtypes of pie in the chart selection matrix (widening it to 6 columns). It might be preferable to keep of-pie as a different chart type (adding a row instead of two columns). I also made arbitrary decisions about sizes and separation of the two chart parts in the rendering. It appears there's a UI group that meets. Are these choices the kind of things that could be put on their agenda?

Heiko leads that, and you can just mail design at global.libreoffice.org if
you want design input, see: