[a11y] LibreOffice Calc exposes 2^31 children, freezes on `GetChildren`

Patrick Luby guibomacdev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 19:39:42 UTC 2024

> On Jun 10, 2024, at 10:37 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at collabora.com> wrote:
>
> My attempts to encourage people to expose only the visible (or near visible) items in the past were not that productive; but I still firmly believe this is the only sensible way to do this.

FWIW, on macOS asks for the full array of cells and so LibreOffice's macOS accessibility code returns an array of all cells only if the total rows times columns is less than 1000. Otherwise, it returns an array containing only the visible cells.

Also, when querying for selected children, the code returns an array with only the first 1000 selected cells.

Patrick