Codesigning macOS nightly builds

Patrick Luby guibomacdev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 14:30:22 UTC 2024

Currently, none of the macOS nightly builds are code signed. Because of this, testers cannot run the nightly build at all unless they open a Terminal and execute the following command:

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/LibreOfficeDev.app

This is OK for me and testers familiar with this extra step, but it generally scares and/or overwhelms regular users who want to test a fix.

Apple, especially on Silicon Macs, really tries to prevent users from running non-codesigned applications. So is there any reason we can’t start codesign macOS nightly builds like we do for official builds?

Thanks,

Patrick