ESC meeting minutes: 2024-06-27

Patrick Luby guibomacdev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 18:47:43 UTC 2024

> On Jun 27, 2024, at 10:31 AM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at collabora.com> wrote:
>
> * Release Engineering update (Cloph)
>    + 24.2: 24.2.5 RC1 this week
>    + "emergency" fix for Mac  - crash when copy'n'pasting
>      https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/169290 fix from Patrick Luby
>      → plan to do a release for appstores, but not elsewhere
>      + also disabling crash handling for the appstore case, it has has its own

This should be a great help for macOS Calc users. I am still surprised that this “use after delete” bug only started causing a crash now. :/

As soon as 24.2.5 RC1 is out and an update is in the Mac App Store, I will post links for downloading in tdf#161461 as well as its duplicate bugs. I’ll also watch for any posts in r/libreoffice over at Reddit.

Patrick