Create a config extension to change a string-list value

Stephan Bergmann stephan.bergmann at allotropia.de
Tue May 7 06:21:56 UTC 2024

On 5/6/24 23:19, Juan C. Sanz wrote:
> There is a document in the wiki
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/b/b0/LibreOffice_config_extension_writing.pdf> explaining how to create a configuration extensions.
>
> In this document it is said that the valid property values are string,
> boolean, int, short, long, double, binary.
>
> Also in the Chapter 15 - Configuration Management
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/DevGuide/Configuration_Management> of the Developers Guide that the same types are supported.
>
> But if you search for some config values in Expert configuration, the
> type may be different of the supported types, for example you con see
> string-list (or depend on version []string).

The defining document for the configuration XML format is
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/OOR-document-format>, and also see the
officecfg/registry/*.dtd files in the LO core repo.

> I use something like this, but changing oor:type="xs:string-list" for
> every of the valid types, and with or without <it> label:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><oor:component-data
> oor:name="Common" oor:package="org.openoffice.Office"
> xmlns:oor="http://openoffice.org/2001/registry"
> xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><node
> oor:name="Security"><node oor:name="Scripting"><prop
> oor:name="SecureURL" oor:type="xs:string-list"

Three notes:

* The type is called oor:string-list, not xs:string-list.

* Your string list has one element with literal value "$(work)/BD".  You
probably don't want surrounding quotes as part of the element's value.

* Whether or not something like $(work) is expanded in some way does not
depend on the configuration machinery itself, but on the code that
consumes that specific property.  I have no idea whether that value
actually means what you would expect it to me.