GSoC: LUA UNO Language Binding in LibreOffice

Venetia R Furtado venetiarosita at gmail.com
Fri May 17 03:37:18 UTC 2024

Hello,

I am Venetia Furtado and I will be working on the project “LUA UNO Language
Binding in Libre Office” for GSoC’24.

I would like to thank Ilmari for encouraging me to apply to the program,
and huge thanks to Stephan and Thorsten for agreeing to mentor me on this
project.

The goal of this project is to enable LibreOffice to be controlled using
the LUA programming language through UNO. This will allow users to create
new services in addition to the existing LO services written in other
languages like Java, C++, and Libre Office Basic.

I've had a wonderful experience working with the community over the past
year. Thank you all for being so warm and welcoming. I am looking forward
to collaborating on this project with Stephan and Thorsten.

Regards,

Venetia Furtado