interactive Java unit test debugging

Martin Gube martin.gube at web.de
Thu May 16 13:20:12 UTC 2024

Hi Developers,

I'd like to interactively debug the Java unit test JunitTest_sw_complex
(CheckIndeterminateState.java). Can anyone help me how to do this?

What I tried so far:

When making the mentioned unit test fail and running "make
JunitTest_sw_complex", the make process output suggests the following:

"Or to do interactive debugging, run two shells with:

     make debugrun
     make gb_JunitTest_DEBUGRUN=T JunitTest_sw_complex"

No matter if I run the commands as suggested or individually, "make
gb_JunitTest_DEBUGRUN=T JunitTest_sw_complex" always results in a
virtually endless make process for me. I gave it much more time than an
ordinary clean make would need on my computer, however after some hours
where nothing seemed to happen I canceled the process.

Also I tried to run JunitTest_sw_complex inside GDB in different ways,
without success.

I also wondered if GDB is able to debug Java and so I tried to use JDB
instead. There I got stuck while making the unit test run inside JDB.

Can anyone help me how to interactively debug Java unit tests for
LibreOffice?

Many thanks for your help + best Regards,
Martin