Build fail in mariadb on fedora 40

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Sat May 18 13:46:08 UTC 2024

On 18/05/2024 14:51, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> It looks like others started hitting it; see:
>    https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/167806
> (I believe as a windows user)

Ok.

BTW, I could run a full build on Win10 with master sources updated today
(but without enable-dbgutil).

I did a make clean and build again with enable-dbgutil.

Exception enable-dbgutil, the autogen.input contains only:

--with-visual-studio=2022

--with-parallelism=1

(this last one is mandatory for me because the build hangs regularly
without it whereas I disabled Windows Defender on the whole cygwin
directory).

> Hmm I'm using gcc instead, but I don't see how the cast
> would be valid:

I'm giving a try right now with gcc instead of clang and with a
simplified autogen.input (compared with previous one):

-disable-compiler-plugins
--enable-dbus
--enable-werror
--enable-dependency-tracking
--enable-python=fully-internal
--enable-symbols
--with-referenced-git=/home/julien/lo/libreoffice
--with-external-tar=/home/julien/lo/libreoffice/external/tarballs
--enable-avahi
--with-lang=en-US fr

> so those C_MODE_START/END make me think someone is doing something
> funky with the compiler anyway.

Indeed!