GSoC Project Introduction - .NET Bindings for UNO

Ritobroto Mukherjee ritobroto04 at gmail.com
Sat May 18 17:56:54 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

I'm Ritobroto Mukherjee, one of the GSoC contributors for LibreOffice
this year. I'll be working on updating UNO bindings for .NET languages
(C#, F# and VB.NET).

This project aims to update the original .NET Framework compatible
bindings, to use the newer .NET 8 SDK. This would not only make them
cross-platform, but also allow us to introduce newer C# syntax and
features such as generic types. Tests, examples, documentation and a
NuGet package for end users to consume the bindings are also planned.

I am eager to work under the guidance of Mr. Hossein and Mr. Thorsten,
along with the support of the entire LibreOffice community.

Similar to my peers, I'll be sending weekly updates shortly. Also a big
congratulations to all my peers who were also selected as contributors.

Best regards,
Ritobroto