Compiling nearly every file now compiles sqlbison.cxx and/or sqlflex.cxx

Patrick Luby guibomacdev at gmail.com
Mon May 20 00:26:50 UTC 2024

> On May 19, 2024, at 4:37 PM, Caolán McNamara <caolan.mcnamara at collabora.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 2024-05-19 at 16:30 -0400, Patrick Luby wrote:
>> cd vcl && touch skia/gdiimpl.cxx && make
>
> maybe adding -d to the end of the make might give a hint as to what
> could be going on

I did a make -d and no sql* files were listed as dependencies. Then I edited config_host.mk and added -E to clang++ everywhere, did "cd vcl && touch skia/gdiimpl.cxx && make”, looked at the .o file, and no sql* includes.

So, I just did a git bisect and found that commit 0cf755adbb39591e9f6d273bfe5dce2469a86dbf causes this behaviour. Pretty wild that undefining _FORTIFY_SOURCE causes all these warnings.

Any ideas? I’d like to just wrap a push/pop —implicit-fallthrough around whatever code compiles these sql* files.

Patrick