Make failed due to multiple definitions in zxing

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Sun May 26 11:32:21 UTC 2024

On 25.5.2024 23.38, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Sat, 2024-05-25 at 16:12 +0200, Laurent Balland wrote:
>> After "./g pull -r" and "make distclean && ./autogen.sh && make", I
>> get the following errors (see attached file).
>
> Did you always build with
> --enable-pch=full
> before without error? I happen to not typically use it on Linux so I
> wonder if that's the difference.

Related comment in an issue last year:
https://github.com/zxing-cpp/zxing-cpp/issues/685#issuecomment-1868610667

'Only now did I realize that LibreOffice does not use the cmake build
files provided by zxing-cpp but rolls it's own (ughh) and that was the
"attack vector" for the precompiled headers change.'

It's weird that there would still be problems as upgrading to ZXing
2.2.1 should have fixed the issue.

Ilmari