Regarding the installation of .NET SDK on the CI

Ritobroto Mukherjee ritobroto04 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 22:17:53 UTC 2024

Hello all,

As you might know, as part of GSoC this year, there is an ongoing
effort to update the .NET bindings for UNO. I've submitted the first
patch for the same, which can be found here:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/166380

However, as the CIs do not have .NET SDK installed, the CI builds
aren't testing any part of the patch itself. This is a major blocker,
since no patches can (or should) be committed without thorough CI
testing to ensure it works on all platforms.

So, on Mr. Hossein's suggestion, I am writing this email asking the
Infrastructure team for guidance.

Additionally, on Mr. Lohmaier/cloph's suggestion to Mr. Hossein, I have
submitted a patch to automate the installation of .NET SDK on Jenkins
through LODE, which can be found here:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/lode/+/168272

I'm happy to clarify requirements and discuss this topic further if
needed, either on the LODE patch or IRC. If IRC is preferred, please
let me know a convenient time for someone from the infra team to
discuss this.

Best regards,
Ritobroto