Table copy wizard in Libreoffice Base

Caolán McNamara caolan.mcnamara at collabora.com
Fri Sep 27 15:36:32 UTC 2024

On Fri, 2024-09-27 at 14:45 +0200, Pierre Vacher wrote:
> When pasting into Base, LibreOffice opens a wizard that can
> eventually create a table and copy the Calc data.
>
> I can't explain why this wizard works well under Linux but not under
> Windows.
>
> Does anyone know where the code for this famous wizard is?

If this is the dialog that has the title "Copy table" with the first
widget a checkbox of "Definition and data", then the .ui file for it is
dbaccess/uiconfig/ui/copytablepage.ui and its implemented as OCopyTable
in dbaccess/source/ui/misc/WCPage.cxx

FWIW when comparing Windows to Linux, it might be that the "gen" case
under Linux works more like Windows than the "gtk3" case under Linux.
So its possible that:
SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen ./instdir/program/soffice
gives a similar result to what happens under Windows. Maybe anyway.