[Libva] the position in x-direction of the first mb

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Tue Sep 15 00:54:04 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009, Xiang, Haihao wrote:

>> FYI, I have applied the following patch to my tree and updated the
>> compat glue. MPlayer/VAAPI was also updated to cope with this
>> addition. Please tell me if this also works for you there so that I
>> can propagate the patch to upstream.
>>
> Sorry for delayed reply. Thanks for your help, it works for us. Could
> you add similar fields to other slice parameter structure, such as H264?

Thanks for testing, I have just propagated the patches to upstream.

I don't see this field needed for H.264 but VC-1 might. It would be better
if you could test it for those codecs first because it would be difficult
for me to predict your needs or even test myself. e.g. the H.264 codec is
not available yet in the G45 VAAPI tree. ;-)

BTW, for H.264 wrt. FFmpeg, I still need to fix some things so it's better
to not consider it as a reference implementation. First, I would have to
check exactly the needs of GMA500 and IEGD drivers because they seem to be
stricter than those for AMD or NVIDIA drivers.

Regards,
Gwenole.