[Libva] [RFC] Split <va/va.h>

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Thu Sep 24 02:13:05 PDT 2009

Hi,

I now want to split <va/va.h> into smaller pieces. The goal is to ease
access to the information (codec, image, etc.) and then improve
documentation in the new files.

Users will still #include <va/va.h> -- no change is needed in their code.

The other rationale is to extend VA API to support other codecs from 3rd
parties. I will make another mail for this one. ;-)

The planned changes:
- va_CODEC.h where CODEC is mpeg2, mpeg4, h264, vc1
- va_buffer.h: VABuffer related
- va_image.h: VAImage related
- va_subpic.h: VASubpicture related
- va_render.h: for vaBeginPicture() et al.

Since buffers and render functions are not optional decode paths, that
probably still live in <va/va.h>. i.e. I am undecided yet for va_buffer.h
and va_render.h files.

WDYT?

Regards,
Gwenole.