[Libva] Special libva binary bundled with IEGD

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Fri Feb 12 08:12:34 PST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, andreas.larsson at multiq.se wrote:

>> Fyi, our current driver is compatible with 0.29. Going forward, we're planning to be more aligned w/ the libva releases.
>>
>> ishu
> Hi! Thanks for your quick answer! If I am to interpret it, basically
> you're saying that if we don't use the bundled precompiled libva we might
> risk instabilities, memory leaks etc?

IEGD is the driver officially supported by Intel. So, they will build it
against the libVA version they validated and used to ship. In practise,
this is 0.29 at this time. Besides, bug reports must be made against that
version.

> Problem is that recent mplayer depends on a newer version of libva rather
> than the 0.29 version, so my question for that is if you have any road map
> at Intel regarding alignment with libva? Is it a high priority so to
> speak?

The following version does support 0.29 and 0.30 drivers:
<http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/libva/>

If you see a problem with this approach, just tell me. Thanks.

> Do you have more insights in these matters and what can we expect?

I think it would be interesting to upgrade to 0.31. However, I would like
to see the VA/GLX extensions there first. I have no other API change.

Regards,
Gwenole.