[Libva] Problem in vaDeriveImage

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Fri Jan 22 01:18:22 PST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, Sambhav wrote:

> Is there any libva related documentation for IEGD driver which specifies the list of features supported ?

I don't think so, at least not publicly available. Besides, vaGetImage()
is not implemented in IEGD either. I don't remember for vaPutImage().

> Also is there any sample code available for vaCreateImage() + va{Get,Put}Image() API ?

This starts to be big and a little complex to use, but I put all my
testcases to hwdecode-demos:
<http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/hwdecode-demos/>

I will probably upload a new version today that adds a bunch more VAAPI
options and some documentation. What interests you are probably
get_image() and put_image() functions in vaapi.c.

There is also MPlayer/VAAPI that now uses vaPutImage() as a fallback for
non HW accelerated codecs:
<http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/mplayer-vaapi/>

BTW, why do you want to write to a VA video surface?

Regards,
Gwenole.