[Libva] Deinterlace flags

Malte Sarner malte.sarner at multiq.se
Wed Jul 14 02:18:40 PDT 2010

Hi

I have a problem with saw-tooth edge distortion when playing interlaced coded video with gma500. When reading the mplayer source it looks like the following deinterlace options are available.

  0: no deinterlacing (default)
  1: only show first field
  2: bob deinterlacing

Bob would be great but it does not look good when I test it. It looks similar to "only show first field" and if I am not wrong the options in mplayer ends up with the following defines in libva.

  #define VA_FRAME_PICTURE        0x00000000
  #define VA_TOP_FIELD            0x00000001
  #define VA_BOTTOM_FIELD         0x00000002

So it does not look like it is possible to define bob deinterlace in libva? Is it something that could be added? Also the libva deinterlace options in mplayer looks similar to the vdpau deinterlace options. What happens when vdpau backend is used with libva?

This might be related to the "New post processing flags" discussion in April.

Regards, Malte

Malte Särner
MultiQ International AB
Industrigatan 14