[Libva] VAEntrypoint - Only VAEntrypointVLD

Varun Dua varundua007 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 22:48:40 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Gwenole Beauchesne <
gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Varun Dua wrote:
>
>  I have three machines with Nvidia Graphics card, FX Quadro 3800 and FX
>> Quadro 3100 NVS. When I check for Entrypoints only
>> VAEntrypointVLD is supported. Can anybody tell me other Graphics card
>> which support other Entrypoints ?
>>

> IIRC, some versions of the GMA500 driver (IEGD, EMGD) can support H.264 &
> VC-1 @ MC level. However, the video decoder parts (e.g. FFmpeg) are not
> implemented yet. Likewise for MPEG-2 iDCT on ATI HW.
>
> Regards,
> Gwenole.

Hi

I have not understood it clearly. What do you mean when you say video
decoder parts have not been implemented yet ? With VAAPI the FFMPEG function
"avcodec_decode_video" is 10-20 times faster. If decoder parts have not been
implemented then why the function is so fast ??

Regards
Varun Dua