[Libva] h.264 support in vaapi lib for g45 intel chipset

Tobias Wolf towolf at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 04:52:46 PDT 2010

> I don't know if Intel still plan to support older G45 chipsets.  My
> opinion, would be to focus on partial VP8 acceleration or VC-1 support
> on Intel HD Graphics, which is current HW.
>
> Regards,
> Gwenole.

My opinion would be to support that slightly older hardware as well; as
they have stated to intend to do before. The ETA given then was Q3 2010.

Frankly, for slightly older hardware acceleration is necessary to get
high-res video to even play halfway smoothly. The more modern hw can
cope by virtue of being more beefy.

I expect differently for open drivers. Stop deprecating yesterday's
hardware and support it. That’s the reason I went all-Intel with my
laptop.

--Tobias