[Libva] G45 status

gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Tue Jan 25 05:44:30 PST 2011

Hi,

> On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 17:33 +0800, Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:

>> > H.264 decoding is not done on G45 :( and we don't announce the support
>> > is done, but someone are working on it.
>> >
>> > If you think it really bother you, we can  remove this entrypoint from
>> > our backend driver and add it later.
>>
>> I think we should also remove the assert from the G45 driver bits. I
>> also
>> once did a patch to check for the existence of the BSD at runtime but I
>> don't know how it behaves with the MFD nowadays. I still haven't got
>> time
>> to clean it up though so I will send it verbatim if this can help you
>> improve it. :)
>
> The MFD is similar to BSD, but it can do more than VLD . The driver has
> checked the existence of BSD/MFD when initializing the buffer manager.

The problem is that vaQueryConfigProfiles() will always report H.264 even
if the underlying HW does not support it, or the necessary kernel module
is not installed. The patch I have just sent normally fixes the issue.
Likewise for VC-1 detection. I have not formally tested it on older GM45
chipset as my platform died.

Regards,
Gwenole.