[Libva] Can libva run on platform without X11?

hank peng pengxihan at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:18:58 PDT 2011

Hi, guys:
My platform's GUI is based on framebuffer, now I want to make use of
Sandy Bridge i5 processor's GPU to implement a video player and there
is no X11 running on my platform.
I noticed that on libva's web site it says "the current video
decode/encode interface is window system independent, so that
potentially it can be used with graphics sub-systems other than X",
but I downloaded the souce code of libva and found that there is no
example to show me how to use it without X11. Is it possible that I
just use libva to decode and do scaling and then I write the pixel
data to frame buffer?

--
The simplest is not all best but the best is surely the simplest!