[Libva] driver init failed

Eric Riese eric.riese at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 00:07:45 PST 2011

I had vaapi working on my Thinkpad x120e (zacate), running Ubuntu 11.10,
with fglrx drivers and xvba video 0.8.0. At some point it stopped
working. I thought this coincided with a video driver update, but when I
reverted that I still couldn't get it to work. Here is the output I get
from vainfo
> $ vainfo
> libva: libva version 0.32.0
> libva: User requested driver 'xvba'
> libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/xvba_drv_video.so
> libva error: /usr/lib/va/drivers/xvba_drv_video.so init failed
> libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
> vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

Any suggestions?

Eric Riese