[Libva] Status of libva and mplayer/ffmpeg?

fox fox at orbitalfox.com
Thu Oct 6 08:20:20 PDT 2011

Erik I compiled it a week or two ago. "-va" worked on mine although it
wasnt really doing much.

I remember i had to do some tweaks to satisfy the checks mplayer-vaapi's
makefile has. If it doesnt find certain headers at certain players, it
disables VAAPI from the mplayer during build.

That said, i dont think I managed to get it to use the GPU at all. Maybe
its because Ive got an ATI and some things I found online suggested its
not supported. I tried to post here but my message never appeared on the
mailing list!