[Libva] JPEG decoding API

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 22:03:50 PDT 2011

Hi,

2011/10/11 Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang at intel.com>:

>> 3. Is there a reason not to make slice params components[] refer to
>> the component ids directly?
> The backend driver doesn't need to search for component parameters and

Well, actually the driver does look up for the component since the
current slice params component is an index to the SOF component. I was
suggesting to remove this lookup step and use the component id
directly since this is what the driver wants anyway.

> it also indicates that each component in SOS must match one of component
> in SOF.

Yes, but in the end the bitstream parser would/should already have
signaled the error in this case. Anyway, it doesn't matter much. The
current approach is fine too, but this means we have to maintain a
copy of the pic param since, in theory, we should release the VA
buffer after vaRenderPicture().

Talking of the SOF, can't this hold up to 255 parameters?

Thanks,
Gwenole.