[Libva] [Intel-gfx] frequent x crashes with gen6/sna

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Oct 17 07:50:23 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 03:54:03PM +0200, Dieter Mummenschanz wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I believe I tried that already but I'll give it another shot. To avoid
> another screw up: Can I check in proc or sysfs to see, if iommu is
> really disabled? I also have pcie_aspm=force set as kernel parameter to
> save some watts but it does not seem to contribute to the gpu hangs.

If you disable it in the bios, there should be no IOMMU message left in
dmesg. Disabling it on the kernel cmdline leaves a few behind (they
announce that the bios supports dmar).

Meanwhile I've stitched together the patches for libva, can you try the
for-dieter branch at:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~danvet/libva-intel/

Also please ensure that you have the latest xf86-video-intel from git
master installed.

Thanks, Daniel

PS: Please don't cut out libva from the cc: list.
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch
Mobile: +41 (0)79 365 57 48