[Libva] deinterlacing on GM45

Holger Kaelberer hk at getslash.de
Fri Oct 21 00:09:27 PDT 2011

Hi all,

playing around with libva we found  that deinterlacing a TV stream seems not to work on a Intel GM45
chip.

We are using the latest intel drivers from the g45-h264 branch on
git.freedesktop.org/git/vaapi/intel-driver.git. Testing both on a Nvidia chip and an Intel GM45 with
mplayer + vaapi-patches and modified gstreamer-vaapi plugins (see attached quick'n'dirty fix) we found:

mplayer-withVaapi -vo vaapi:deint=2 -va vaapi ...
     ... OK on nvidia (deinterlaced images)
     ... NOT OK on Intel

modified gstreamer-vaapi
     ... OK on nvidia
     ... NOT OK on Intel

Did we miss something in our setup? Or maybe a known restriction for intel drivers?

Regarding the gstreamer-vaapi modification: It is based on what was said in the following thread
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libva/2010-July/000338.html
Might be a feature to be integrated in the vaapi-plugins. Could define another property in vaapisink
(like deint={true, false}) allowing to enforce putSurface flags set to VA_FRAME_PICTURE vs.
VA_TOP_FIELD+VA_BOTTOM_FIELD. What do you think, Gwenole?

Thanks,
    Holger