[Libva] Status of libva and mplayer/ffmpeg?

Karthik Kailash karthik at freestreammedia.com
Wed Oct 26 17:00:29 PDT 2011

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the informative e-mails detailing what you've done so far.  I
have a couple of questions for you:

- Did you have to apply any patches to ffmpeg checked out from Git?  Which
branch/tag of ffmpeg did you use?
- Were you able to get the decoding/encoding acceleration working from
ffmpeg command line?
- Which codec does ffmpeg use?  When I run "ffmpeg -codecs", I only see h264
and h264_vdpau.  Do you see a codec that corresponds to h264 with vaapi?

Cheers,
Karthik