[Libva] codec parser issues between gst-plugins-bad and gstreamer-vaapi

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 00:49:10 PST 2012

Ho;

2012/12/18 Yuan, Feng <feng.yuan at intel.com>:

>> With Gwenole's patch applied, do we still see playback stop issue?
>
> I think it can only fix X error but not lost frame issues. Cong is following this issue in <playbin2> <sync=false> and have got some reasons of surfaces exhausted in <queue> which break the pipeline. Maybe we should not test raw h.264 streams with <playbin2> or <queue>  together with <sync=false>.

I didn't know there is an X error, but the videoparsers now use the
system codecparsers/ functions and gst-vaapi use the local ones.
Otherwise, there were indeed cases where we could write beyond the
struct size, thus corrupting stack or memory.

The sync=false issue is an independent problem. I have not
investigated this one yet. From what I see, at least on my side, is
that with sync=false + playbin2, some streams would not stop
immediately at the end of the stream. However, there is no issue with
sync=false + explicit pipeline (somedemux ! vaapidecode ! vaapisink
sync=false).

Regards,
Gwenole.