[Libva] FW: [Intel-gfx] vaapi intel-driver (vaapi-ext): assertion failed

Christoph Evers mail at christoph-evers.de
Wed Feb 1 00:11:22 PST 2012

Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang at ...> writes:

> On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 22:48 +0100, atechsystem <at> freenet.de wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I forward it to the vaapi mailinglist to get sure.
> >
> > I will try to reproduce this attitude to check if I get also deinterlaced
output with or without the wrong
> color space. Till now I've not seen the "xine: i965_drv_video.c:2075:
i965_check_alloc_surface_bo:
> assertion" error message,
>
> Do you mean you can't reproduce this issue any more? I can't reproduce
> this issue with other players, such as VLC, mplayer.

Atech and I already sharing experience in another forum. I don't know why he
can't reproduce this error. We seem to use the same versions.

I only have this problem with xine-lib-vaapi. xbmc, mplayer, etc. work fine (of
course no deinterlacing). So the problem is most probably in combination with
xine-lib-vaapi, but I don't have a clue why.

So regarding to your answer on intel-gfx, you are assuming that there are other
operations on this surface before decoding in xine-lib-vaapi. Any hint where to
look?