[Libva] vaapi intel-driver (vaapi-ext): assertion failed

Xiang, Haihao haihao.xiang at intel.com
Thu Feb 2 16:26:15 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 19:36 +0100, gimli wrote:
> The xine-lib vaapi output plugin also sopports software decoded output,
> there we need vaDeriveImage/vaPutImage.

You are right. I mean they are unnecessary in the hardware decoding
path.  I see the following function call sequence in the hardware
decoding:

  1) vaCreateSuface(dpy, ..., &surface_id);
  2) vaDeriveImage(dpy, surface_id, &image_id);
  3) vaPutImage(dpy, surface_id, image_id, ...);
  4) vaBeginPicture(dpy, context_id, surface_id);
     vaEndPicture(dpy, context_id);

3) and 4) write the same surface.