[Libva] Segfault on playback of h264 together vc1

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 05:05:30 PDT 2012

Hi,

2012/7/3 Josep Torra <n770galaxy at gmail.com>:

> When the clips are h264 and vc1 the screen start to blink and a crash
> occur, unity also dies and sometimes I get a complete halt of system.

So, if I understand you well, playing the files individually works
correctly? i.e. first h.264, next vc-1, net h.264, iteratively from
within the same terminal? The issues only arise when they are run
concurrently?

> To reproduce run the following in different terminals at same time.
>
> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=big_buck_bunny_720p_h264.mov !
> qtdemux ! vaapidecode ! queue ! vaapisink

Could you please give the exact source link? Experience shows that
depending on the bigbuckbunny.org mirror, the video sample could be
different. At least, that was the case for Sintel too.

> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=The_Magic_of_Flight_720.wmv !
> asfdemux ! vaapidecode ! queue ! vaapisink

Could the issue be reproduced with other clips? This one comes from
the (now defunct) Microsoft "WMV HD Show Case", right?

AVC/VC1 switch issues rings a bell but I can't give details right now.
I will check. Please fill in a bug report for this one with amended
information.

fd.o bugzilla: <https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi>
libva / "intel" component

Thanks,