[Libva] In gstreamer-vaapi plugin, vaapidownload element not working?

David Kosir kosirdavid at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:41:25 PDT 2012

I'm experimenting with gstreamer and I find this as working:

gst-launch-0.10 -v filesrc location=/path/to/file.mp4 ! qtdemux ! vaapidecode !
vaapisink

I want to be able to output video to my window, I've tried this but without any
success

gst-launch-0.10 -v filesrc location=/path/to/file.mp4 ! qtdemux ! vaapidecode !
vaapidownload | appsink (or autovideosink)

Basically, vaapidecode source is same as sink of vaapidownload
(x-vaapi-surface) and vaapidownload source is raw yuv.

gst-inspect output of:
vaapidecode : http://pastebin.com/8TSJF7jN
vaapidownload : http://pastebin.com/JzV17v33
vaapisink : http://pastebin.com/ZkMBVh8v
appsink : http://pastebin.com/ehkQsraM

This is output from second pipeline: http://pastebin.com/9mqjsLUq

Platform is Linux, gstreamer is last stable version and vaapi plugin is from
git.