[Libva] User friendly H.264 encoding

Xiang, Haihao haihao.xiang at intel.com
Thu May 17 23:45:21 PDT 2012

> I have a Core i5-2400 which should be able to accelerate H.264 encoding
> AFAIK.  I tried to find out how this is done, but only found a command
> line encoder which uses raw YUV video as input

Do you mean 'avcenc' ? It is used for testing. Please try with staging branch.

> , and encoding parameters
> can't be specified.

What parameter do you want to specify?
The usage of avcenc is
Usage: avnenc <width> <height> <input_yuvfile> <output_avcfile> [qp=qpvalue|fb=framebitrate] [mode=0(I frames only)/1(I and P frames)/2(I, P and B frames)

> Is there some way to use standard tools like handbrake with hardware
> acceleration?

Gstreamer with vaapi support.  But I'm not sure it is stable or not.