[Libva] Decoding and displaying multiple streams using gstreamer-vaapi

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:20:44 PDT 2012

Hi,

2012/9/5 Andreas Larsson <andreas.larsson at multiq.se>:

> We've done some initial tests and have encountered various problems with
> video surfaces starving each other. I.e. one shows video for a breif moment
> while the other is green and vice versa, flickering back and forth.

Could you please try gstreamer-vaapi from the "master" branch? I had
pushed a few fixes for EMGD last week. Another one is still be missing
but you should no longer get flickering. As Halley mentioned, it's
generally simpler to develop on big Cores first with the desired
functionality.

BTW, on US15W with EMGD, I think someone once mentioned in the past to
support around 4 to 7 streams in parallel with clutter. Not full HD,
though.

Thanks,
Gwenole.