[Libva] [ANN] gstreamer-vaapi 0.4.0 - prerelease

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 09:18:30 PDT 2012

Hi,

gstreamer-vaapi 0.4.0 is targetted for release around the same time as
libva 1.1.0. Meanwhile, please report any critical issue. I will
create the 0.4-branch shortly and git master will migrate towards 0.5.

Version 0.4.0 - DD.Oct.2012
* Add support for video rotation
* Add new video display APIs: Wayland and raw DRM for headless pipelines
* Drop FFmpeg-based decoders, only use codecparsers-based ones
* Only reset decoder if meaningful caps changed, e.g. size
* Allocate the minimal number of video surfaces useful for decoding
* Fix vaapisink to scale video down to fit the screen dimensions
* Fix vaapidecode crash when trying to release an inexisten lock (Philip Lorenz)

For your convenience, I have placed tarballs here:
<http://www.freedesktop.org/software/vaapi/testing/gstreamer-vaapi/>

Tentative schedule. This includes the minimum set of items to make a
release, a few others are likely to get in as well.

Version 0.4.1 - DD.Oct.2012
* Improve video rotation support (Feng Yuan)
* Add support for GstVideoDecoder API (+Sreerenj Balachandran)
* Fix video decoder reset (Feng Yuan)
* Fix pixel-aspect-ratio for MPEG-2, H.264 and VC-1 (Simon Farnsworth)
* Fix vaapiupload for non NV12 formats (Holger Kaelberer)

Version 0.5.0 - DD.Nov.2012
* Further reduce obsolete dependencies
* Add support for GStreamer 1.0 API (+Sreerenj Balachandran)

Regards,
Gwenole.