[Libva] VAAPI H264 Encoder rate control help

Hamza Shahid hamza at mayartech.com
Sat Dec 14 02:05:12 PST 2013

I have successfully integrated h264 encoding into my app referring to the
example at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libva/tree/test/encode/h264encode.c

But I want to implement rate control in the application as well and it
seems that the above example does not have rate control in it. There is
another example in avcencode.c which seems to have rate control it it. But
every time I run it it crashes my system.

I have tried to isolate the code related to rate control in avcencode.c and
incorporate it in my code but it does not seem to work.

Can somebody please provide any help in this regard, provide any
documentation that is available or provide a sample code that has rate
control working in it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.