[Libva] API changes

Ratin ratin3 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 20:38:45 PST 2013

Hi, I have noticed that since september / octorber of 2012, VAAPI structs,
signatures changed  so much that I had to throw out all my decode/rendering
code that I previously wrote and basically start writing from scratch
again. For example, the changes in test program avcenc is drastic. I was
just curious how often do you make these kind of core API changes? Is it
possible to follow some basic programming standards like, don't change the
signature drastically, use structs for signatures so its only elements
within strucs that changes, and also call version 2 of the function from
within function 1 internally , dont change version 1's signature ..  etc?

Thanks

Ratin