[Libva] Directly encoding a surface after decoding

ykzhao yakui.zhao at intel.com
Thu Jan 24 23:00:05 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-24 at 23:18 -0700, Timo Rothenpieler wrote:
> No, i made sure both use the same display and also validated it by
> printing it.
>
> For me this seems like there's some code missing to initialize the bo if
> it's missing, like the VideoProcessor seems to use, but when i tried to
> add some, i just got a green video again.

Hi,
   From the tracelog it seems that both the decoding and encoding call
the function of vaInitialize, which will initialize the different
display context for decoding and encoding. In such case the surface ID
can't be shared correctly between decoding/encoding.
   Will you please also call the vaInitialize only once for
decoding/encoding and then see whether it is helpful?

Best regards.
    Yakui