[Libva] VP8 accelerated on N2807 ?

Sean V Kelley sean.v.kelley at intel.com
Mon Jul 7 12:59:26 PDT 2014

Hi Michel,

VP8 on Baytrail is not based around the GEN GPU Media pipeline, but rather
a separate media block supported by the older PSB_VIDEO driver.  Currently
we are working on upstreaming the Baytrail VP8 decode support.  The
previous implementation, based on Android, is located on github but uses
deprecated API.  We plan to have the kernel and refactored patches
upstreamed later this year.

For now, you can access the deprecated driver, a libva wrapper for
blitting, and kernel patches here:

https://github.com/01org/psb_video
https://github.com/seanvk/libva_wrapper
https://github.com/seanvk/vxd392-drm-intel-next

As I mentioned we will be providing upstreamed refactoring later this year.

Thanks,

Sean

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Michel EKIMIA <contact at ekimia.fr> wrote:

> Hi all , I 'm using libVA on Ubuntu 14.04 on a baytrail  Celeron N2807 .
>
> I would like to see some accelarated VP8 videos via the GPU.
>
> Currently, vainfo does not indicate anything about VP8 , What do I need to
> get VP8 accelerated on N2807 ?
>

> vainfo
> libva info: VA-API version 0.35.0
> libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
> libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
> libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_35
> libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
> vainfo: VA-API version: 0.35 (libva 1.3.0)
> vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver - 1.3.0
> vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
>       VAProfileMPEG2Simple            :    VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileMPEG2Simple            :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileMPEG2Main              :    VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileMPEG2Main              :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline:    VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline:    VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileH264Main               :    VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileH264Main               :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileH264High               :    VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileH264High               :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileVC1Simple              :    VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileVC1Main                :    VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileVC1Advanced            :    VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileNone                   :    VAEntrypointVideoProc
>       VAProfileJPEGBaseline           :    VAEntrypointVLD

> Michel Memeteau  - Directeur.
> <http://shop.ekimia.fr/>
>
> Notre Boutique Ordinateurs GNU/Linux : http://shop.ekimia.fr
> 49 chemin de l'union 13720 La Bouilladisse - France.
> Fixe :  +33 (0) 974763294    Mobile : +33(0) 624808051

Sean V. Kelley <sean.v.kelley at intel.com>
Open Source Technology Center / SSG
Intel Corp.