[Libva] How to detect the type of memory returned...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 18:35:09 PDT 2014

On 18 June 2014 11:03, Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang at intel.com> wrote:

> Yes, but first, I want to make sure the patch works as expected.
>
> Hi, Jean-Yves
>
> Does the patch work for you ?

For the time being, I'm not set up to test with custom drivers, as I
simply use whatever comes with my system (currently 14.04).
However, I can of course always change that.

However, I would need to know what am I supposed to test and the
differences I should notice.

It's all a blur to me at this stage :)

Is vaGetImage supposed to now return a buffer that is mapped to USWC memory?
If so, am I simply supposed to test that the overall vaGetImage +
YV12->YV12 is faster with your patch in that it was before ?

Thanks