[Libva] Empty union in VAEncMacroblockParameterBufferH264 compilation issues

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 21:50:48 PDT 2014

Hi,

> struct _VAEncMacroblockParameterBufferH264 in va_enc_h264.h contains an
> empty union, which as far as I know is a gcc extension and causes
> compilation errors, and may also cause problems in C++, where such
> constructs are of size 1 vs. size 0 in C.
> Is there a chance this could be fixed (union removed or members added)
> please?

The whole data structure will be removed. It was an error to integrate
that part to the master branch. Sorry for the inconvenience. AFAIK,
this is not supported yet and the Intel FEI structs are the long-term
supported approach.

Regards,
--
Gwenole Beauchesne
Intel Corporation SAS / 2 rue de Paris, 92196 Meudon Cedex, France