[Libva] Question about vaPutSurface

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:34:08 PDT 2014

Hi

thanks for your answer.

On 25 June 2014 12:31, Zhao, Yakui <yakui.zhao at intel.com> wrote:

> As we mentioned in the previous email, the dest region parameter of
> vaPutSurface determines where it is displayed on the target
> window/pixmap.
> But one note is that the target window/pixmap is not directly displayed
> instead it is managed/composed by the window manager. Maybe the window
> manager will do some stretching although vaPutSurface doesn't do the
> stretching.

and as I mentioned, the dest region is to a XBitmap bound to an
OpenGLX surface, that has the exact same dimension as the source
image.
So here src rectangle == dest rectangle

Oh well, I'm giving up on trying to use vaPutSurface, will continue
using vaCopySurfaceGLX, it works well. Hopefully you guys will not
drop this API as was mentioned in another thread earlier.

Not until whatever cause vaPutSurface to misbehave is fixed at least.

Thank you again
JY