[Libva] Motion adaptive deinterlace on Sandy Bridge (gen 6)

Simon Farnsworth simon.farnsworth at onelan.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 10:40:38 PDT 2014

Hello,

We're currently porting over to use VA-API for all our video display needs,
and we've hit a showstopper.

Deinterlace on Sandy Bridge hardware (deployed in the field) is awful - it
appears to be bob only. On newer units (Bay Trail, Ivy Bridge), it's able to
use motion adaptive, which looks great.

The open PRMs for Sandy Bridge suggest that it has a very similar motion
adaptive deinterlacer to Ivy Bridge; is there any reason why it's not enabled
in libva 1.3.0?

I need motion adaptive for Sandy Bridge to make it possible for me to replace
software decode with libva; this, in turn, is a gating factor for introducing
Haswell and Bay Trail silicon to our market.
--
Simon Farnsworth
Software Engineer