[Libva] CRF on gstreamer-vaapi (Intel)

Sreerenj sreerenj.balachandran at intel.com
Mon Dec 7 08:38:10 PST 2015

HI,
gstreamer-vaapi is already exposing properties for  CBR  mode encoding...

For eg:
You can set the "rate-control" property of  vaapiencode_h264 to "cbr"
and then set the desired bit rate in "bitrate" property...

On 05.12.2015 16:53, William Katsak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't see an easy way to use CRF on the Intel encoder with
> GStreamer. Docs I've seen suggest that the hardware is capable of CRF.
> Is there a "big" reason that it isn't supported by the gstreamer
> plugin? If not, how hard would it be to implement it?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Katsak

Thanks
Sree

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki