[Libva] Combining libva with OpenGL code

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:55:18 PST 2015

Hi,

> Is there a principled way to combine libva and with OpenGL code, when running
> in an X11 window?

You can find sample code for VA/EGL interop code here:
<https://github.com/gbeauchesne/ffvademo>

> Say, for example, I want to decode a video in an X window, and draw
> some things either
> over or beside that video in the same window.

However, you could achieve this with VA subpictures in RGBA or BGRA
format. On some platforms, this could be a win over using OpenGL. If,
however, you actually use OpenGL for rendering your canvas, you'd
stick to OGL, but I believe VA subpictures could suit your needs.

> If there's sample code on how to do this, that would be very helpful.

mplayer-vaapi, gstreamer-vaapi for VA subpictures composition.
<https://gitorious.org/vaapi/mplayer> ("hwaccel-vaapi" branch).

Regards,
--
Gwenole Beauchesne
Intel Corporation SAS / 2 rue de Paris, 92196 Meudon Cedex, France