[Libva] [ANNOUNCE] libva-intel-driver-1.6.0

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Sun Jul 12 04:14:36 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 04:52:17PM +0800, Xiang, Haihao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> libva-intel-driver-1.6.0 is now available at
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/vaapi/releases/libva-intel-driver
>
> libva 1.6.0 is required to build the new driver release.
>
> This release brings the following new features and fix critical issues.
>
> * Add support for VP8 encode (CQP, CBR) on BSW/SKL
> * Add support for HEVC decode on BSW
> * Add support for HEVC encode (CQP) on SKL
> * Add support for low-power mode (VA_PROC_PIPELINE_FAST) in VPP
> * Improve the JPEG encode quality on BSW/SKL
> * Optimize MPEG-2 start code search on IVB
> * Fix memory leak issue with JPEG decode on IVB/HSW
> * Fix HEVC decode issue on SKL
> * Fix GPU hang issue caused by VP8 decode on BDW/BSW
> * Fix MADI/MCDI issues on SNB/IVB
>
> git tag: 1.6.0
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/vaapi/releases/libva-intel-driver/libva-intel-driver-1.6.0.tar.bz2
> md5sum 8d9da76883429a155511ee0e71a737aea07ad217  libva-intel-driver-1.6.0.tar.bz2

Hi,

I am trying to compile this code on a machine without Wayland, and
even though I pass --disable-wayland on the configure script command
line, I get the following error:

checking for WAYLAND_SCANNER... no
configure: error: Package requirements (wayland-scanner) were not met:

No package 'wayland-scanner' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables WAYLAND_SCANNER_CFLAGS
and WAYLAND_SCANNER_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

>From what I can tell, the problem comes from the fact that the
aclocal.m4 shipped with the package contains the definition for the
WAYLAND_SCANNER_RULES macro, so the macro gets called
unconditionally. I believe the fix is to move the
m4_ifdef([WAYLAND_SCANNER_RULES] block in the
if test "$enable_wayland" = "yes"
block above, but I can not really test this, because when I run
autoreconf on my system, the WAYLAND_SCANNER_RULES macro does not
get defined in aclocal.m4 , and so the problem disappears.

Regards.

--
					    Gilles.
https://click-hack.org