[Libva] libva master vs staging

Sean V Kelley sean.v.kelley at intel.com
Tue Nov 10 09:34:57 PST 2015

HI Oliver,

My goal here is to get needed features out of Staging and into Master and
eventually deprecate Staging.  I'd prefer to see patches and git pull
requests from developer branches (github, foo, where ever).  Keeps the
focus on Master and new development/bug fixes/optimizations.

Thanks,

Sean

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Sang, Oliver <oliver.sang at intel.com>
wrote:

> May I ask a question about FDO libva master and staging branches?
>
> I understood before that staging branch is an active develop branch that
> new features should go to this branch first, then after the features become
> stable, it will be merged to master branch.
>
> Am I right about this or is it still true?
>

> I ask this become I found master seems more active than staging recently.
> For example, there are only 23 commits this year so far in staging branch,
> but much more in master branch. My key question is what’s the difference
> between libva master/staging now and what’s the OTC’s strategy to maintain
> these two branches? Thanks!
>

> BR
>
> Oliver

Sean V. Kelley <sean.v.kelley at intel.com>