[Libva] Scale of vaapisink

Engin Firat engin.firat at adonissyazilim.com
Wed Sep 16 04:56:17 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I render decoded frames on a QtWidget with the help of a vaapisink with the
following code:

*gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle(GST_VIDEO_OVERLAY(videoSink),
widget->winId());*

here videosink is a vaapisink and widget is a pointer to QWidget.

The rendering is successful but whenever I change the size of widget
programmatically I expect to see the vaapisink scales the video
accordingly. For example, starting with a 100x100 pixels widget when I
change to 200x200 pixels I expect to see vaapisink scales the video to
200*200.

The same pipeline when run through gst-launch command line tool shows the
behaviour that I have expected, ie. vaapisink scales the video
automatically.

How could one get the specified behavior with a QWidget?

Regards.